Gaps and Overlaps of SEC Regulations versus FIDLEG/FINIG: Are you ready?
Time & Location
About the Event
As we all know, the introduction of the Swiss Financial Services Act and the Financial Institutions Act is in full swing, with most RIAs seemingly well into the FINMA registration process.
The objective of this presentation is to compare and contrast the regulatory regimes, present which elements of FIDLEG/FINIG RIAs already have covered due to the requirements of the SEC registration and the gaps that need to be filled – actions required.
We will go through the sections of the new Swiss regulatory regime and framework which relate directly to asset managers, mapping them against the SEC regulatory framework. The intent is to provide you with an overview of commonalities and differences. I.e., outline what you already have in place as an SEC RIA and highlight what needs to be upgraded, improved and what needs to be developed new. While looking at the integration of U.S. and Swiss compliance requirements.
In particular we will be covering the key areas we see FINMA prioritising:
- Licensing and full disclosure in license application
- Business organisation and operating model
- Internal Control Systems – in place and functional
- Business Continuity Planning
- Disclosure over ownership and control – "qualified participation"
- Minimum capital, collateral and own funding requirements financial security/guarantee requirements
- Partial coverage through professional liability insurance
- Client segmentation (Retail, Professional, Institutional)
- Professional qualifications and ongoing training requirements
Presented by Aviolo Compliance Solutions
Aviolo is a specialised regulatory and compliance company providing comprehensive regulatory and compliance services to SEC registered advisors, private fund advisors, asset managers, trust companies, fund managers, family offices and other small to medium financial intermediaries.
The attendance is free of charge.
COVID security measures: Your health is important to us, which is why we require the "3G rule" (vaccinated, recovered or tested) in order for you to be admitted. On arrival, you will be asked to show proof of this (e.g. Covid certificate via an app or any official proof of vaccination, or a PCR / quick-antigen test taken within the last 72 hours) along with your ID / passport for validation. Please wear a mask when checking in and keep your distance. Thank you in advance for making the event safe and enjoyable for you and the other guests.